With every year that passes, travel trends come and go. Due to COVID-19, tourism has been thrown out the window in 2020, but it will make a comeback in 2021 because everyone has cabin fever and is looking to make up for lost vacation time.
Traveling during the pandemic is still possible, but it is not recommended. It offers a much different experience as the world tries to recover from the crisis. You should wait and plan for your next trip post-COVID instead. In 2021, it is highly possible that borders will start to open again and travel restrictions will be lifted.
When you do start traveling again, there is a demand for more eco-friendly ways to go on vacation for the new year in light of recent events. And what better way to support this movement than to look into vacation rental properties instead of hotels.
Here is a guide to vacationing with the new normal, so you can still enjoy your time while staying eco-friendly.
Why Vacation Rentals?
One of the main reasons a vacation rental is a better choice than a hotel is that they are environmentally friendly. Sites like Airbnb, HomeAway, and VRBO are quickly growing thanks to innovative new ways to stay eco-friendly. And while green hotels and eco-lodges are popping up worldwide, the parameters needed to consider them eco-friendly aren’t easily met for such establishments.
Hotels produce vast amounts of carbon due to their massive size. Hotel chains that contain a high number of rooms consume a lot of energy on a 24-hour basis, which is an enormous problem.
Comparatively, vacation rentals don’t produce significant pollution like hotels. Small apartments and homes usually have only one fridge to power, don’t have enormous gardens or lawns to water, and electricity is distributed only in a few rooms instead of hundreds.
Making Your Trip More Eco-friendly
There are many ways to make your trip more eco-friendly, and we’ve laid down some of the best ways to do it:
- Pay respect to the environment by staying on public footpaths and trails. Don’t feed animals or remove plants, and never litter.
- Conserve water by taking showers instead of baths. Always use a refillable water container and sterilize it when needed instead of using single-use bottled water.
- Limit your energy use by avoiding hot water and air-conditioning. It’s also best to turn off all taps and lights when the room isn’t in use.
- Reduce and recycle by returning magazines, newspapers, and beverage containers to the proper recycling bins. You can also reduce the number of napkins, bags, and disposable cups used when eating.
- Avoid participating in recreational activities or sports that may harm the environment. You can also opt for more progressive establishments, such as golf courses that use recycled water.
- Use eco-friendly transportation. Instead of renting a car, you can get to your destination using trains, taxis, or buses. Choose a travel location where you can rent bikes.
To get more ideas and learn more about eco-friendly options for your next vacation, visit our website.
We offer curated kits that cover all your home care product needs in one convenient package. With it, you will never have to worry about doing chores with incomplete products whenever you’re away from home. Whether you need soap, trash bags, sponges, or detergents, we’ve got you covered! Again, visit our website for more details.