If you are looking for vacation properties along the beach, you should consider Seacrest, Florida. It is part of the famous 30A quaint beach communities with pristine white-sand beaches, crystal clear water, and lovely commercial districts.
Apart from being an amazing vacation spot right by the beach, a home in this beautiful town is an excellent investment. Keep reading to learn more about Seacrest, FL!
Seacrest, Florida, is part of South Walton—a 26-mile stretch of pristine white-sand beaches in Northwest Florida. It is home to 16 unique beach neighborhoods, each with its own culture and charm. The whole area is famous for its breathtaking beauty, turquoise waters, and white-sand beaches.
Let’s take a look at its rich history.
Before building the quintessential beach homes, the St. Joe Company owned the land. It was a timber and paper business that closed its mill in the 1990s. Soon after closing the original business, it ventured into land development.
An ambitious group of University of Miami students built the prototype for the South Walton towns we all know today. They proposed using New Urbanism ideologies, which values residents taking an active role in each town’s planning and development.
The company developed the Seaside area first. Its pastel beach cottages and captivating design inspired the rise of the South Walton area.
The developers built South Walton almost 30 years ago, with each of the 15 other towns planned to perfection, just like Seaside. The community created guidelines for all the towns to keep a distinct Southern charm and genuine spirit in all homes.
Apart from the beautiful beaches, you will find art, history, shops, outdoor recreation, and events at every turn. You will meet owners of vacation properties and vacationers using Airbnb in many different age groups. There’s something they can all enjoy in the area—from kid-friendly ecotours to lively bachelorette parties at vacation rentals.
The colorful and flourishing Seacrest community lies between Alys Beach, Camp Creek Lake, and Rosemary Beach. The community is close to urbanized areas, but it has a more relaxed vibe than its neighboring towns.
Bikes and flip-flops are customary in this part of the country, along with golf carts filled with kids, beach balls, and frisbees.
If you plan a few vacation days in this lovely community, here are some local treasures you can visit:
- Camp Creek Lake: this coastal lake spans almost 70 acres and is a great spot for fishing. You can also go paddle boating or stand up paddling here.
- Colorfield Gallery: established by Al Morris, this modern studio displays mostly Colorfield artworks. It also features pieces by other artists such as Helen Frankenthaler, Morris Louis, Kenneth Noland, and Mark Rothko.
- Deer Lake State Park: enjoy the natural wonders of the area with an ecotour. You can create your preferred tour to include any of the park’s many amenities, including biking, bird watching, camping, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, snorkeling, and stargazing, among many other activities.
- Peddlers Pavilion: eat and shop like a local in this quaint shopping district. Seacrest locals own most of the shops in Peddlers Pavilion. You’ll find a wide assortment of fun shops like bike stores, local crafts, and restaurants with live music.
- Crabby Steve’s: this restaurant serves delicious beach cuisine and offers something for the whole family. It has a kid’s menu, a full bar, and an outdoor area with a waterfront view. Try their Shrimp Salad Wrap and Crab & Artichoke Dip for a delicious seafood experience.
Here are three reasons why you should consider investing in a Seacrest, Florida vacation property.
More Than Buying A House
Investing in a Seacrest, FL home is more than buying a house. It entails owning a piece of property that can take all your stress away from the usual hustle and bustle of your city life.
Once you step into this part of the country, you’ll start riding your bike, wearing flip-flops, and enjoying the beach life.
More Affordable Homes
The current economic situation lowered the demand for beachfront property. You can get such properties for lower prices right now than you could a few years ago. It’s the perfect time to invest in your dream beach house.
Beach houses are great investments because you can put them up online for those looking for vacation rentals. You can rent your property out on a weekly, monthly, or seasonal basis. It’s a great way to cover some of your property costs.
Additionally, rental homes in the 30A district are now easier to manage. Depending on the vacation rental company you choose, you can be anything from an owner just waiting for a monthly check or someone who calls daily and asks for an update.
Start Your Search
If you are convinced about investing in vacation properties or vacation rentals in Seacrest, Florida, check out Oversee. It has a wide variety of fantastic beach properties and offers excellent customer service.
Find a property today to make your beach home dreams come true. Stay for a week or stay for a lifetime!