Where is TripKitt based?
TripKitt, LLC is based out of Cypress, Texas. Cypress is located on the Northwest side of Houston.
Can I talk with someone live?
Yes, you can! To get in contact with one of our live chat specialists, look for the Live Help button located on the bottom right hand of the page. If you are unable to see this button, it saddens us to say that we do not have a specialist available to assist via chat.
My email address has changed. How do I update this information to my current account?
You are welcome to update your e-mail address by logging in to your account online. The best way to do this is to take the following steps:
- Visit the website and click on "My Account" in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Log in to your account by typing your previous e-mail address and password.
- Once logged in, click on "Account Details" in the left side navigation menu.
- Type your new e-mail address on line 3.
- Click "Save Changes".
- Your e-mail will be updated.
Please let us know if there is anything else, we can help you with.
How do I identify whether an Email is or is not from TripKitt?
Suspicious or fraudulent emails not from TripKitt.com may contain:
- A reference to a payment source that TripKitt does not accept, such as PayPal. TripKitt currently only accepts credit cards, and debit cards for payment.
- A request to update payment information that is not linked to an order you placed on TripKitt.com or your TripKitt.com account.
- Links, including “Here” links, to websites not affiliated with TripKitt or TripKitt.com. You should be able to hover over a link without clicking it to show the website address associated with the link. If the link shows a site other than TripKitt.com or a site that is not a legitimate TripKitt domain, then it is likely phishing.
- An order confirmation for an item you did not purchase or an attachment to an order confirmation. If you are a TripKitt customer, go to your TripKitt Account and view Your Order History to see if there is an order that matches the details in the correspondence. If you are not a TripKitt customer, feel free to contact us to verify whether the email is associated with an actual order.
- Typos, grammatical errors, or unconventional formatting.
- A generic email address with TripKitt in the email, for example firstname.lastname@example.org or a “noreply” email address from a non-US country or site not associated with TripKitt. TripKitt will never send communications from personal or generic email accounts. Order-related emails typically come from email@example.com or another tripkitt.com email address.
- Forged email addresses to make it look like the email is coming from TripKitt.com. Your email program may allow you to hover over or click on an email address to view its original source.
What should I do if I believe I have received a phishing email or if I responded to what may be a phishing email?
If you believe you received a phishing email or responded to what may be a phishing email, TripKitt recommends you update your online passwords, including the password to your TripKitt.com Account, and report the email to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Visit the FTC website here to report the email and find more information on how to identify and prevent phishing attacks.
Are there any benefits to having an account with you?
With your TripKitt.com account, you will have access to the following information:
- Your Account Information
- Your Order History
- Process a Return
- Your Wish List
Your Email Subscriptions
How can I write a review on a product?
- On any product page, scroll down and on the left-hand part of the screen, underneath the ‘Customer Feedback section’, you will see a button titled ‘Write a review of this product’.
- Once you click on that button you will see an image of the product, a text box, a rating section, and three sections on how the product fits. Please fill in as much information as you would like. You can also insert your name, where you live, your email address and where you went on your vacation. If the question does not pertain to your specific TripKitt type, please feel free to just type in your review in the text box and select the star ratings.
- Then, click on the orange ‘Submit your Review’ button.
- Once you have submitted your review, it may take up to 5 business days for it to appear on the site.
I received an email from TripKitt regarding an order I did not place. What should I do?
If you received correspondence regarding an order you did not place, it likely was not from TripKitt. Do not share any personal information, click any links in the email, or respond to the email, and delete it immediately.
This type of email is known as a phishing campaign. A phishing campaign is an email scam designed to steal personal information from victims. Cybercriminals use phishing, the fraudulent attempt to obtain sensitive information such as credit card details and login credentials, by disguising themselves as a trustworthy organization or reputable person in an email communication.
If you are a TripKitt customer, you can go to your TripKitt Account and view Your Order History to see if there is an order that matches the details in the correspondence. If you are not a TripKitt customer, feel free to contact us to verify whether the email is associated with an actual order.
What are cookies? Do I need to enable cookies on my browser?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web site and is stored on your computer's hard drive. If your browser's preferences allow it (most browsers are installed with cookies enabled), each web site can send its own cookie to your browser. To protect your privacy, cookies do not store personal information but instead use anonymous unique identifiers. Each web site can only access the cookie they have sent to your hard drive, not the cookies sent by other web sites.
You need to enable cookies on your browser to enjoy all the shopping features on TripKitt.com. Cookies need to be enabled on your browser so you can add products to your shopping cart and to access your account information. If you share your computer with others and you do not want them to have access to your account information, be sure to log out before leaving your computer unattended. You can log out by clicking on the Logout link at the top of the page.
Do you accept international credit cards?
Currently TripKitt.com can accept international credit cards but we can only ship to an address within the United States. Please note that the credit card must be issued and contain a logo from either Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express. On the checkout page, there will be a billing and shipping section. Please do the following:
For the billing information
Enter your street address on Address Line 1. Enter your City, County or Province, and Postal Code on Address Line 2. Enter your Country for the city. Enter AA for the state. Enter 11111 for the zip code.
For the shipping information
Please enter the correct information in the appropriate field.
Orders placed with the use of an International Credit Card may take up to 72 hours to finalize prior to shipping. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Do you charge sales tax on any item?
As of January 1, 2021, TripKitt only collects sales tax if the ship-to address is in Texas. For states imposing sales or use taxes, your purchase is subject to use tax unless it is specifically exempt from taxation. Your purchase is not exempt merely because it is made over the Internet or by other remote means. Many states require purchasers to file a sales/use tax return at the end of the year reporting all the taxable purchases that were not taxed and to pay tax on those purchases. Details of how to file these returns may be found at the websites of your respective taxing authorities.
When placing an order, I get an error message stating that there has been an authorization failure. What went wrong?
Please double-check the credit card number and expiration date on your card. Also, please be aware that TripKitt.com currently accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express for credit card payment.
How does TripKitt decide what products should be included in each ‘kitt’?
The short answer is that we only include homecare products that we felt are typically included with renting a vacation property. This is strictly from our experience as well as feedbacks from our customers and friends. If you find a product that you think we should consider including in our TripKitt, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you offer personal care products?
Currently, we do not offer personal care products on TripKitt.com.
What are the differences between the various TripKitt ‘kitts’?
Essentially, each TripKitt contains the same products. Where each TripKitt is different is in the quantity of products included in each Kitt. This is dependent on two primary factors – the number of people in your party and the duration of your trip. If you any questions regarding which ‘kitt’ to purchase, please click on our Kitt Selection Assistant (KSA).
What does TripKitt do with unused products?
We have designed each kitt to have ‘just enough’ products to last for the duration of your vacation. That said, we do recognize that there are times when you may have unused products. First, we recommend that you take the unused products home and use it for your family. If on the other hand you want to help, please send the unused products back. We have included a pre-paid return label that can be affixed over the existing shipping label.
When we receive the unused items, we will examine them individually. Products with any defect will be recycled. Unblemished products will be donated to local charities. As a bonus, we will match any unused products returned to us – you know that your good gesture will go a long way. Additionally, we will send you a 20% coupon code that you can use for your next purchase.
Is shipping included with each TripKitt?
Shipping is included in each of the three kitts available on TripKitt.com. Qualified products ordered as add-ons will also qualify for free shipping. Free shipping is not available with the “Custom Kitt” product.
What happened if I cancel or change my vacation plan?
If you can notify us before we ship the TripKitt, we will gladly hold or cancel your order. If you notify us after we ship out the TripKitt, we will charge you for the full amount of the order.
Can you ship my TripKitt order to my vacation property rental?
Yes! Yes! Yes! When you are checking out, let us know that you want to ship to a different address (from your billing address). Please provide the address of where you would like for us to ship your Kitt. PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR PROPERTY MANAGER TO CONFIRM THAT THEY ARE ABLE TO RECEIVE AND HOLD YOUR KITT UNTIL YOU ARRIVE AT THE RENTAL PROPERTY. IF THERE ARE SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SHARE THAT INSTRUCTION WITH US IN THE “ORDER NOTES” SECTION. IN THIS SECTION, PLEASE SHARE WITH US THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Rental Property Management Company / Owner
- Key Contact Name
- Key Contact Phone Number
- Key Contact Email Address
- Your Booking Number / Confirmation (We will only reference this number to ensure that your Kitt is tied to your booking)
We will contact the property owner or manager to arrange for delivery. If for some reason we are not able to arrange the delivery of the TripKitt to your vacation property, we will send your TripKitt to your primary billing address.
Please note that once we ship your Kitt to your vacation rental property (or any other shipping addresses not associated with your billing address), we will not be able to offer a refund/exchange should you cancel your trip. If you are unsure about whether you will need to cancel or make changes to your reservation, please have the Kitt shipped to your billing address. Our products are individually wrapped and are TSA Compliant. As such, they are highly portable and easily fit in your carry-on or checked-in luggage.
I want to return my purchase. What do I do?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your TripKitt purchase. We do; however, recognize that there may be instances where you would want to return your TripKitt. Please reach out to us at email@example.com to obtain a return authorization prior to sending back your TripKitt product(s). When sending back your TripKitt, please send us the tracking number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the return authorization number in your email.
Do your pre-paid labels cover international returns?
Our pre-paid labels do not cover the price for international returns. To use our pre-paid labels, shipments must be sent from inside of the United States.
Can I use the prepaid return label inside my TripKitt order to return my purchase?
No. The prepaid return label is only intended to send any unused items back to TripKitt for distribution to our community partners. We will examine all products sent back, sanitize, or replace as necessary and will send to our respective community partners.
How long does it take for me to get a refund?
For most returns, it takes about 5 - 10 business days for us to get your package at the fulfillment center, inspect your return, process it into inventory, and complete your refund. If the refund is being issued to a credit card, depending on your credit card company, it may take an additional 2 - 10 business days after your credit is applied for it to post to your account.